Policy on Employment
Every person who completes all the necessary paperwork, which is listed below, by June 25th
is automatically hired. If paperwork is not complete, which includes a copy of birth certificate
or other form of legal identification with proof of age, then this person WILL NOT be allowed to work.
When work begins, the employee will be notified by phone as to which day to start work. Normally,
workers are called one day before work actually begins and in some cases, workers are notified
two days in advance.
The following forms must be completed before employee allowed to work:
1) Form I-9, used to verify employee is eligible to work in this country.
Also requires a parent or guardian signature if worker has no drivers license.
2) W-4 Form, used to deduct federal income taxes from weekly paycheck.
3) State of Michigan W-4 Form, used to deduct state taxes from weekly paycheck.
4) Contractor Disclosure Form, discloses information about working, pay rate and bonuses.
Also requires a parent or guardian signature if worker under 18.
5) Safety Sheet, verifies employee has heard the working safe audio tape.
6) Employee Information Form, contains information about employee.
7) Proof of Age, needed to verify worker is 13 or older, copy of birth certificate or drivers license.
8) Application, also needs to be signed by parent or guaradian.